Forefront Online Protection for Exchange Service Components
Active content, connection and policy-based filtering
Forefront Online Protection for Exchange helps administrators enforce policies they set up to comply with corporate policies on e-mail usage and with government regulations.
Spam and Virus Protection
Multi-engine spam and virus scanning
Using layers of anti-spam technology and multiple antivirus engines, Forefront Online Protection for Exchange removes spam and viruses—both known and unknown—from e-mail before the malware reaches corporations.
Real-Time Message Trace and Reporting
Real time reporting and the powerful Message Trace tool give administrators insight into their e-mail environment by retrieving the status of any e-mail processed by Forefront Online Protection for Exchange in real-time.
If the destination e-mail server becomes unavailable for any reason, Forefront Online Protection for Exchange helps to ensure no e-mail is lost or bounced by automatically queuing e-mail for up to five days, attempting to deliver the e-mail every 20 minutes.
Service Level Agreements
Forefront Online Protection for Exchange includes comprehensive Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that include:Network infrastructure
- Network uptime: 99.999%
- E-mail delivery: Average delivery commitment of less than one minute
- Virus Blocking: 100% protection against all known e-mail viruses
- Spam Capture: Capture of at least 98% of all inbound spam e-mails
- False Positive Ratio: False positive commitment of less than 1 in 250,000 e-mails
Exchange Hosted Archive and Exchange Hosted Continuity require Microsoft Exchange Server 2000(SP3), 2003(SP1) and 2007
Web applications are accessible via a Web browser (Internet Explorer 6 or 7, Firefox 2.0 or higher)
- Forefront Online Protection for Exchange and Exchange Hosted Encryption work with any e-mail platform
- Exchange Hosted Encryption requires Forefront Online Protection for Exchange
- The Microsoft Exchange Hosted Services Directory Synchronization tool is optional, and requires:
- Windows Server 2003 SP2
- Active Directory (single-forest topology)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 or Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 (required for Safelist aggregation synchronization feature)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Business Ready Security
The Secure Messaging solution
helps you deliver more secure business communication from virtually anywhere and on virtually any device, while preventing unauthorized use of confidential information.